Market Tested Direct Response Marketing Tips
These tested direct response marketing tips reveal common mistakes, costly mistakes in sales and marketing campaigns.
Here are a few of my favorites…
- Test Campaigns: “Almost any (advertising) question can be answered cheaply, quickly and finally by a test campaign. And that’s they way to answer them — not by arguments around a table.”
- Just Salesmanship:“Advertising is salesmanship. Treat it like a salesman. Force it to justify itself”.
- Good Business:“…most national advertising is done without justification. It is merely presumed to pay. A little test might show a way to multiply returns.”
- Things Too Costly: “Many things are possible in advertising which are too costly to attempt. That is another reason why every project and method should be weighed and determined by a known scale of cost and result.”
- Letter Writing;“Letters to inquirers, follow-up letters, whenever possible they should be tested. Where that is not possible they should be based on knowledge based on tests.”
- Offer Service:” Remember the people you address are selfish, as we all are. They care nothing about your interests or your profit. They seek service for themselves. Ignoring this fact is a common mistake and a costly mistake in advertising.”
The author of these direct response marketing tips is Claude Hopkins.
As an advertising copywriter, he was tired of the platitudes and puffery of most national advertising campaigns (like John Wanamker, he believed much advertising was a waste of money) (Fortune 500 companies take note!)
For Claude Hopkins, if you aren’t testing the market by measuring how well (or poorly!) your ads are doing then your advertising strategy is a hit or miss gamble.
In his direct response marketing book SCIENTIFIC ADVERTISING he shows you how to remove this gamble from your b2b marketing and advertising.
It’s all here…for Fortune 500 companies or small business on shoestring ad budgets.
From making small controlled tests with a limited budget to split copy testing of headlines and short copy vs. long copy. Not just another memoir of advertising strategies and personal opinion.
Regardless of product or service, these direct response marketing tips have stood the test of time. Indeed, what you get today from any of the notable direct response marketing gurus is simply a repackaging of what Claude Hopkins said nearly a century ago.Get Claude Hopkins Direct Response Marketing Book . Download Your Copy NowNever again waste money on any form of marketing or advertising campaign decided by personal opinion rather than measured returns! Eye Opening Direct Response Marketing Tips
- “After I read his book, my eyes have been opened to all the companies around that are wasting money on ineffectual giveaways and promotions.” …Return Customer
Beneficial For Anyone In Marketing Or Sales
- “This will be a beneficial read for anyone in marketing or sales. Even though this book was written 90+ years ago, most of the principles discussed are still relevant today.” …The Book Reviewer
Get These Direct Response Marketing Tips
- “If you’re serious about learning about marketing that really works, get this book.” …MarkAtwood.com
- “Nobody, at any level, should be allowed to have anything to do with advertising until he has read this book seven times.” -David Ogilvy
Small business owners this is for you! Tested direct response marketing tips for any media. Sales campaigns, marketing promotions, lead generation, sales flyers. Uses these tested tips and make more sales at less cost.