A method I favor is over-the-phone sales prospecting. It’s simple and easy to manage because you can do it on your own time. But how to do it. Where to begin?
Business Development List-Building
With digital marketing making headlines there’s a simple business development process you may have overlooked.
It’s cold call list-building.
“Ouch!” you say when that word “cold call” enters your business development conversation.
But hear me out!
Reaching out to prospects you want as your customers is how I can help you.
What my business development list-building can do for you
- Build your prospect list with introductory business development cold calls.
- Develop the qualified sales prospects with lead nurturing follow-up calls.
- Get you Appointments by methodically working this business development lead generation list.
- Make your business development process more efficient so every lead gets followed up.
- Give you full notes & clear records of each call at all stages.
- Give you DAILY Call Outcome Reports so you can share information and adjust tactics.
- Save you money…with business development lead generation TRIAL PROJECTS.
Working the phones I contact your prospects in a very personal way…ahead of the bigger companies with larger, less personalized sales and marketing organizations. And because I test everything for you with small trial projects you will NEVER waste your money on your business development lead generation projects going nowhere.
Business Development Appointments
Quality appointments do not happen overnight. Routine follow-up calls plus e-mail follow-ups work wonders to get you in the door for a face-to-face meeting.
The secret is making your calls with a personal touch that engages your prospects —- getting them to interact with you one-to-one so they trust doing business with you.
Also, business development lead generation by phone is a form of direct marketing.
Seven Most Frequently Asked Questions
How do you prospect qualify? Good prospects…weak prospects? I find out who’s who by asking specific questions. For example, “Does this interest you?” Or “When would you like me to recontact you”? Each follow-up call fine tunes a prospect’s interest level. That’s why I make prospect qualify questions part of every business development lead generation script!
- How do you keep track of who to call and when? I use a sales management program that organizes contacts, phone numbers, call back information and call histories into a single database sales development platform.
- How do I know the prospects you qualify are worth MY time? With introductory cold calls I learn who’s a good prospect and who’s a dud. From there I make routine follow-up calls to further qualify and develop the best business development prospects.
- Have you worked your business development lead generation service in my specific industry? Top management will insist only salespeople with deep understanding of the markets they are selling can do sales development cold calling.
- It’s myth based on ignorance rather than tested cold call business development experience.
- A good over the phone sales person can work any industry. Same goes for face to face sales. The top producers are at home regardless of product or service they sell.
- What about voice-mail? Do you leave messages? Leaving voice mail for customers or prospects who you know well is one thing. But for new prospects it’s a waste of time — theirs AND yours!
- When B2B sales prospecting or making follow-up calls, what do you say? I always use a script. This keeps repetitions, omissions and improper sequencing out of my pitch. They spell trouble when it comes to business sales lead generation phone prospecting.
- What size call list do you need to get started? Keep it simple. 100 or so prospects is plenty. Quantity is good. But quality is better!
Improve Your Business Development Lead Generation
Also, for further study: