A method I favor is over-the-phone sales prospecting. It’s simple and easy to manage because you can do it on your own time. But how to do it. Where to begin?
Try This Tested but Overlooked Business Development Lead Generation Sales Process
With social media marketing making headlines there’s a tested business development lead generation sales process you may have overlooked.
It’s cold call list building.
Ouch! I hear you loud and clear when that word “cold call” enters your business development conversation.
But hear me out!
You’ll be surprised how painless (and profitable!) cold call business development is when you approach it the right way.
Of course I could promise you quick success and lots of new customers.
But I won’t.
Cold call list building is a process.
You’ll need patience, persistence and a simple CRM business development platform.
But your rewards will be worth your efforts.
You’ll build yourself a pipeline of new business prospects you can develop and nurture in your own unique ways into becoming your customers.
And this is where I can help you.
Working the phones I contact your prospects in a very personal way…ahead of the bigger companies with larger, less personalized sales and marketing organizations.
What my business development lead generation can do for you
- Build your prospect list with introductory business development cold calls.
- Develop the qualified sales prospects with lead nurturing follow-up calls.
- Get you Appointments by methodically working this business development lead generation list.
- Make your business development process more efficient so every lead gets followed up.
- Give you full notes & clear records of each call at all stages.
- Give you DAILY Call Outcome Reports so you can share information and adjust tactics.
- Save you money…with business development lead generation TRIAL PROJECTS.
Business Development Appointments
Quality appointments do not happen overnight.
Routine follow-up calls plus e-mail follow-ups work wonders to get you in the door for a face-to-face meeting.
The secret is making your calls with a personal touch that engages your prospects —- getting them to interact with you one-to-one so they trust doing business with you.
Also, business development lead generation by phone is a form of direct marketing.
Therefore, view each call as a means for fine tuning your business development database. It’s a work in progress that never ends!
Seven Most Frequently Asked Questions About My Business Development Lead Generation Services
How do you prospect qualify? Good prospects…weak prospects? I find out who’s who by asking specific questions.
For example, “Does this interest you?” Or “When would you like me to recontact you”? Each follow-up call fine tunes a prospect’s interest level. That’s why I make prospect qualify questions part of every business development lead generation script!
- How do you keep track of who to call and when? I use a sales management program that organizes contacts, phone numbers, call back information and call histories into a single database sales development platform.
- How do I know the prospects you qualify are worth MY time? With introductory cold calls I learn who’s a good prospect and who’s a dud. From there I make routine follow-up calls to further qualify and develop the best business development prospects.
- Have you worked your business development lead generation service in my specific industry? Top management will insist only salespeople with deep understanding of the markets they are selling can do sales development cold calling.
- It’s myth based on ignorance rather than tested cold call business development experience.
- A good over the phone sales person can work any industry. Same goes for face to face sales. The top producers are at home regardless of product or service they sell.
- What about voice-mail? Do you leave messages? Leaving voice mail for customers or prospects who you know well is one thing. But for new prospects it’s a waste of time — theirs AND yours!
- When B2B sales prospecting or making follow-up calls, what do you say? I never “wing it”. I always use a script. This keeps repetitions, omissions and improper sequencing out of my pitch. They spell trouble when it comes to business sales lead generation phone prospecting.
- What size call list do you need to get started? Keep it simple. 100 or so prospects is plenty. Quantity is good. But quality is better!
Improve Your Business Development Lead Generation
Also, for further study: